Richmond County Schools serves approximately 7,700 students at 16 fully accredited schools in the areas of Ellerbe, Hamlet, Hoffman, Norman, and Rockingham, North Carolina. Our district includes 7 elementary schools, 4 middle schools, 4 secondary schools and a school for students with special needs. Our district mission is to provide “HOPE for every student”. We believe all children can learn and excel, when they receive high quality instruction. We hope you will explore our district website and learn more about our schools, and all of efforts to press toward our vision of becoming a high quality system that prepares students to graduate in a competitive and global society.
In partnership with students, parents, and community, Richmond County Schools will be a district of:
• High expectations and rigorous learning environments.
• Opportunities for success, where failure is not an option.
• Personalized learning that is authentic and appropriate.
• Educational experiences that prepare students for a globally competitive society.
Richmond County Schools, an exemplary system, graduates students who successfully compete regionally, nationally, and globally for high quality social, political and economic opportunities.
• Every student is challenged to his or her highest potential.
• Literacy is the foundation for student learning.
• All staff members exhibit high standards of professionalism.
• Education is a collaborative effort that requires a personal investment by all stakeholders.
• All decisions are made in the best interest of students.
• All students and staff have access to emerging technology.
• Every individual has worth and value, and diversity is respected and embraced.
• Safe, orderly and nurturing school environments enhance student learning.
“Richmond County Schools - HOPE for every student.”